Thursday, December 20, 2012

Season's Greetings!

This is Petrouska - she is over fifty years old and has sat atop our Christmas tree most years. She has even spent some time on a narrow boat during the weeks we enjoyed Christmas afloat. Her hair is made from Claire's baby clippings, her frock was made by myself years ago and her crown by Joni last year. I hope she will see a few more years yet.

We will be spending a couple of festive days at Craig Fach with Lincoln's family and Matthew's family will be joining us in the New Year so we have good times to look forward too.

The 'beach' along the Nature Trail

The sale of Moulin du Clout will be completed in February - we have to go down there for a few days to clear out our chattels and take a last walk around the Nature Trail. Let us hope that the weather is not too severe as that will cause problems all round.

I feel rather sad when I look at my photos of the place which has so many memories of events there during the last nine years. We shall miss it although not being committed to France for our holidays is giving us plenty to think about. Where shall we go now?

Recent events back home include the successful performances of Dangerous Corner by JB Priestley put on in the Market Theatre over three days and directed by myself. Many thanks to the cast and crew especially, as always, to Jim for the great set he produced.


Camilla, Cat, Caron and Rachel

Chris, Andy and Cat
Chris, Camilla, Peter and Caron
Cat, Peter, Rachel, Andy and Caron
Joni took her first ballet exam in December - here she is in rehearsal:




If ever I should make any New Year Resolutions one of them would be to write up this blog more frequently to record some of the things that I may wish to remember when I am old. I used to write the French one (www.cantalcapers.blogspot.co.uk)  nearly every week and that is now a precious account of the three summers we spent at the Moulin du Clout.

Until the next time have a good Christmas and a promising New Year.


1 comment:

Pondside said...

I can imagine that it must be hard to say goodbye to Le Moulin - but as you say, the possibilities of other holiday destinations are fun to contemplate!
It was such a treat to meet you in September - I'll always remember with fondness that lovely day.